4 Wedding Invitation Tips from Those in the Know
We nailed down Save the Dates last week, which is the first step to your printwork process. Now, it’s time to take the logical next step—creating your invitations! To get started, what you need to know is in the list below!
- Have a sense of your timeline. Typically, invitations should be sent out six to eight weeks before your wedding. Therefore, you want to give yourself plenty of time to create, proof, and print your invitation order before you have to put the envelopes in the mail.
- Decide what you want out of your invitation suite. Are you going over the top or keeping it simple? Are you looking for a traditional suite (invitation, information card, and RSVP), or are you adding additional cards? Do you want a belly band or a pocket fold? All of these details are good things to consider before you meet with your printshop.
- Be respectful of who is paying for the wedding in your invitation wording. If your parents are paying, you may want to include something along the lines of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith request the pleasure…” to honor their financial contribution.
- Similarly, know how to address your invitations. More often than not, you don’t need one invitation per person or couple, but rather one per household. However, especially if you have budget or venue constraints, be careful to include the names of only the specific people invited. Aisle Planner’s guest list tracker is a fantastic tool to calculate how many invitations you’ll need if doing the calculations yourself is too much of a hassle.
- When you meet with Custom Love, we outline all of your options. You can touch and feel your paper options, see examples of what we’ve printed in the past, and show us your personal inspiration while we figure out what your unique invitation suite needs.
- After our meeting, you will receive a price quote within one to two business days.
- Once you approve your quote, we ask for payment of our design fee (ranging from $50 to $75 depending on your needs) to start working on your proof. Each invitation order includes five change orders, which are not single changes, but full lists of changes. We want to make sure that we are putting full focus on your order in each sitting, which is why we recommend you review your entire invitation proof and send us any changes you need. After your fifth, additional change orders are available for $10 each.
- After your final approval of the proof, your order is sent to print and will be ready for pickup within ten to twelve business days. We can also address and assemble your order ourselves for an additional fee!
Have any other invitation tips? Fill out the form below, and we’ll update this post with your tips! Otherwise, we’ll see you again next week!