Starting Something Sweet: An Easy Checklist to Begin Planning Your Wedding
Recently engaged? Congratulations; we’re thrilled for you! You’re enamored with excitement and ideas, and you absolutely cannot wait for your wedding day! There’s just one problem: you have no idea how to start planning. No worries! The checklist below is the first in a series which will outline some of the most important steps to planning your wedding (and not completely stressing out). Enjoy!
- Choose an ideal wedding date. You have to know roughly when you want to get married to find the perfect venue, as well as to begin designing your wedding aesthetic! Just don’t forget to check with any important family members or guests you want in attendance so that you won’t have to completely change your time period later down the line (although we recommend keeping this list as short as possible)!
- Create your wedding budget. Determine how much money you are willing to spend on your wedding as well as how much money you want to allocate to each aspect. Things will fluctuate and change over time, of course, but this is arguably the most important factor contributing to your wedding planning endeavors.
- Download a calendar app, or purchase a day planner specifically for your wedding-related appointments. Make sure that you check it every day to stay on schedule.
- Determine your ideal color scheme and event design; doing so will influence who you gravitate toward in the next step.
- Make a list of your most important vendors. From the venue to the photographer to the caterer, figure out what your vendor priorities are, and look for vendors who seem to complement the idea of your wedding and fit into your all-important wedding budget.
- Schedule appointments with vendors you’re interested in. At your meetings, find out as much information as you can, and then choose the wedding professionals that best fit what you want. Once you have your core vendors hired, the specifics of your wedding day start to come into focus.
Once you have booked your vendors and paid your deposits, it’s time for the next step: announcing! Sending out save-the-dates, ordering invitations, and working out your timeline–all of these points and more will be covered in our next installment in this checklist series! Be sure to check back for our next list soon, and if you have any items that you think should be added to this list, just send an email to email@example.com!