Starting Something Sweet: Hello, Honeymoon
We’ve spent the last several weeks unpacking the details of the more stressful aspects of your wedding–printwork, timelines, ceremonies, and florals. Today, however, we thought we’d focus on something a bit less strenuous, and a lot more fun. This week’s installation in our Starting Something Sweet series is dedicated to the reward for all of your hard work: the honeymoon!
- Decide on your ideal honeymoon location & begin researching options. Remember, this is supposed to be the vacation of your dreams in which you and your spouse celebrate the commitment you’ve made to one another, so don’t feel imprisoned by notions of practicality. Have an adventure if your budget allows!
- Outline and confirm your travel itinerary, and book airline tickets if necessary. Reserve hotel rooms or Air B&B accommodations, and research passport and visa requirements for your honeymoon location.
- Obtain necessary paperwork and passports, update vaccinations as needed.
- Reserve rental car if desired, as well as reserving spots for any scheduled activities you’d like to participate in.
- Reconfirm all honeymoon plans and reservations. Remember that this is your reward, and the last thing you want is a nasty surprise upon your arrival!
- Designate someone to look after your home (and pets, if applicable!) while you are away.
- Pick up travelers checks, if needed.
- Put a hold on your mail and newspaper delivery while you are away.
- Call the stores from your registry to have gifts held until you return.
- Give your honeymoon travel itinerary to a trusted friend or family member in case of emergency.
- If you are departing immediately after the wedding, arrange for someone to pick up your wedding dress, decor, or any other personal items from the hotel or venue after your departure.
And it’s that easy! Have another suggestion for easy honeymoon preparation? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Otherwise, we’ll be back next week!