Starting Something Sweet: Planning Your Printwork
Continuing with the wedding planning checklist series we introduced last week, this week’s post focuses on a less-stress timeline for ordering and mailing your save-the-dates, invitations, and RSVPs! While we know that this aspect of planning your wedding can be taxing, we assure you that this checklist will make the entire printwork process a breeze.
9-12 months before your wedding:
- Decide on all of the details pertaining to your stationery needs. This includes the number of pieces you intend to send out, setting your RSVP date, and creating a printwork timeline which outlines the day you finalize your stationery order to the date it will be sent out, as well as the cutoff date for guests to respond.
- Look at invitation suites you like if you plan to purchase a pre-designed package. If you’re having your invitations custom-designed, make an appointment with a graphic designer and come to the meeting with ideas to workshop.
6-8 months before your wedding:
- If you plan to create a website, do so now.
- Place an order for your Save-the-Dates. Make sure that your wedding website, travel information, and any other important details are included.
- Finalize the text and design of your invitations.
- Order your invitations and thank-you cards.
4-6 months before your wedding:
- If you are hand-addressing your envelopes, do so at this point. If they are being printed or done by a calligrapher, get your envelopes to the appropriate person or business.
- Take a completed invitation (this means stuffed and ready to mail) to the post office to calculate postage.
- Send out Save-the-Dates.
2-3 months before your wedding:
- Send out invitations.
- Design and order any reception stationery (menus, place cards, reception signage, etc.) that you may want.
- Pick up any reception stationery you’ve ordered, and ensure that escort cards are alphabetized. Any place cards, table numbers, or menus should also be grouped in order by table.
We hope this checklist has taken some of the strain out of ordering your invitations! As always, if there’s anything you think we should add, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Otherwise, check back next week for the third installment in our Starting Something Sweet series: Tackling Your Timeline. We’ll see you then!