Twenty Tips from Our Expert Coordinators for a Stress-Free Wedding
Hi everyone! We wanted this week’s blog to focus on our busy brides and offer some helpful information from our trained coordinators. If you’re planning your wedding, or you know someone who is, you’ll want to take notes! Without further ado, we present you with twenty tips for a stress-free wedding!
1. The first two things to think about when you begin wedding planning are how many guests you plan on having and determining your budget. Once you know these two things, you can begin searching for a venue.
2. For local brides, join the Knoxville Brides group on Facebook. This is a great resource for learning about vendors and finding items for sale. Many brides sell their decorations after their weddings, and this is a great way to find a deal.
3. Try to have all of the major details of your wedding done a month before the big day. This can help alleviate stress in the weeks leading up to the wedding.
4. Make sure there is a point of contact other than the bride. If something comes up, the coordinator can speak to this person. A friend or family member that is not part of the wedding party but who will be on-site is a good option.
5. Bring as much as possible to the venue before the wedding day. This insures that nothing gets left behind and everything is ready to go and in one place. It will also allow the coordinator to begin decorating without having to wait for certain items to arrive.
1. Remove all stickers from your decor, and remove your decor from its native
packaging! This will make setup much, much easier.
2. Always, always have a rain plan, no matter what; nothing can ruin your big day quicker than bad weather if you had your heart set on getting married outdoors.
3. Always give yourself extra time the morning of. No one wants to be in a mad rush on her big day!
4. Never assume anything about your wedding; always ask questions so that you have as much information as possible!
5. Do not be afraid to be vocal about what you want! It’s your day, after all!
1. Always make a budget. You have to know how much you can spend before you can begin to develop a sense of what your wedding will look like.
2. Write down the details of your dream wedding with the most important things at the top and the less important items at the bottom. When the budget gets tight, let go of the less important things.
3. Make time for just you and your groom to be alone the day of the wedding. You typically won’t have any one-on-one time until well after the ceremony.
4. When the stress starts to rise, take a break, and do something “normal.” Trust me, touching base with something other than your centerpieces will do you a world of good.
5. Remember to soak in the moment!
1. Prepare, prepare, prepare. One of the best ways to keep from having a stressful wedding day is to have everything taken care of and ready to go before the day of the event. This way, the big day can be all about love and fun, and stress free.
2. Always have backup supplies. As a wedding planner, I have found that it is always helpful to have a needle and thread, twine, and a Tide-To-Go pen handy, just in case anything happens.
3. Communicate. Between the vendors, the bridal party, and the venue, it is important that everyone is on the same page about the timeline and details of the day.
4. Have water and snacks. Nothing gets you down like low blood sugar, so it is always a good idea to have water and a couple of granola bars to give you a little boost.
5. Enjoy the day. If you are not enjoying yourself, the day will drag on. It is important to enjoy yourself, take a deep breath, and make your wedding the best day of your life.